Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 35: Hot Springs -> Spring Mountain Shelter (tenting)

11 miles

What a long hot day; the first really hot day we've had. Left Hot Springs at 9am; I was pouring sweat before I had walked the first mile. I am fighting a bit of dehydration - having some mild GI issues - but have been trying to drink lots of water & supplement with electrolyte tablets. Still, hot and sweaty is no fun.

Ate lunch by this little fishing pond/dam. Lots of frogs and fish visible in the water.

Saw my first snake today - the first one so far. A 4-5 foot long black snake sunbathing across the trail. Surprised me! He slithered off - think I surprised him too.

Lots of flowers and blooms today. I think spring is finally here!

I was exhausted by the time I got to the shelter. It was a small, nasty shelter and there was a weird dude there (ection hiking). So we tented close by.





No comments:

Post a Comment